Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Optimist Award

Jgleit and I got this award during our senior year of high school.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not the most optimistic person out there and for me to receive such an awards is ridiculous. It was definitely an honor for Mr. Shelby to think that I (we) deserved it but it's not very me. With that aside, I've been spending the past year of my life trying to be more optimistic and slowly let go of my pessimism. Nonetheless, I often characterize myself as a realist knowing how too much optimism and pessimism can be harmful. When it comes down to it, I don't take things easy when I'm doubted by my peers. As someone who lacks self-confidence at times, being doubted doesn't help. I mean I have a bad temper I'm trying to work on and a mouth full of profanity but I'm really not that bad of a person.

Have some faith in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment